[GLN EC Sunday] Topic 28/07: Intellectual Property Infringement in Vietnam

       There are several types of intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, patents, and trademarks. In Vietnam, protection of intellectual property rights is catching more and more public attention, especially after we have become an official member of the World Trade Organisation (WTO). However, the infringement of intellectual property rights has come in more sophisticated forms and acts that is uncontrollable. It causes huge damage to national economy and negative influences to creative activity of citizens. Is it high time for Vietnam to take strong action against IP Infringement? 

Intellectual Property Infringement in Vietnam
14:30 – 17:30 Sunday, July 28th, 2013
10th  Floor, Keangnam Landmark 72, Pham Hung Street, Tu Liem, Hanoi

14:30 – 14:50: Breaking the ice
§  Making friend with each other
14:50 – 15:30: Discussing in pairs
1.      What is intellectual property and what is intellectual property infringement?
2.      Which field, in your opinion, is mostly damaged by IP infringement: TV shows, book or software? Give example.
3.      Who are victims of IP infringement?
4.      How pirates (people who illegally copy works of others) gain profit? 
5.      Suggest some solutions for this problem in Vietnam (law, awareness & enforcement of citizens)
15:30 – 15:50: Relaxing
§  Playing an interesting game

15:50 – 17:20: Working in groups
Discuss with your group members to answer the following questions:
Q1: If I find a picture on the Internet, can I use it for my blog if I cite the author?

Q2: Is it legal for me to distribute fanfiction to a fangroup or website?

Q3: If I write a blog, and one of my readers posts copyrighted material without permission as a comment, am I liable?

Q4: I want to put a still from a movie on my product. Is there anything I can change about the picture to remove the copyright?

Q5: Can my band release an album with a cover on it as long as we credit the copyright owner?

Q6: Can I publish an English translation of a German novel that is out of print, even if someone else has already done so?



Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét